Wednesday, April 19, 2006

McFosters in Omaha

I wake up and am a little disoriented. After taking a quick shower I pack my car and am ready to roll. It is very cold and stormy though the sun shines and my eyes get caught by a huge field with just a single tree on it.

A couple of hours later I’m driving into Iowa. Omaha is only about an hour away so I’ll be there way early. It is the first bigger city that I hit on my tour and I’m excited to see the shyline.

Somehow I mix up 38th Ave and 38th St. and am a little lost but find some cool places and houses to look at.

Finally I have to stop and see if I can snag into someone’s WIFI to get directions. It’s amazing, as soon as I stop I’m on the internet and figure out my way. I realize that I already passed the place but didn’t see it. Here is McFosters, one of the coolest restaurants in Omaha.

Everybody there is very nice and I’m offered to eat and drink as much as I desire. That feels good because I did not have breakfast this morning. Someone comes up to me and asks me if I’m the “posterguy.” The picture seems to work well. He’s a nice fellow by the name of “Fraggle“ and buys 3 CDs before I even start playing. Roxanne, a local singer songwriter comes with her sister. I met her online through a Steven Bishop forum where I found some people talking about my album. We take a pic before I start.

The show is good and people love it, buy CDs and tip well. In the end I get Roxanne up on stage, she wanted to sing some of my songs with me. After that I have dinner and chat ‘till they close. It is another motel night but I feel better about it this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hans,

Wow! Great folks in Omaha! The skyline reminds me of a small city back east. The architecture in the residential areas is somewhat similar to. Must be the snow fall they get. I love porches!! Congrats on the show and CD sales!! Keep it up!!

Rosendo