Friday, April 14, 2006

Leaving Seattle

I wake up around 9am and feel pretty beat up after yesterdays show, more emotionally than physically, like when it’s finally done and all the pressure evaporated only that this time it is actually the beginning. All over sudden I realize that I haven’t spend any time on getting ready for my 7 week tour. I know that I talked about it but mostly spend time preparing the Nectar show. Now I have about 3 hours to pack get everything important from my Computer onto my laptop, get my CDs ready - oh yes, print about 50 pages of Promo that I need to send out while on the road, get a good shower and pack the car. I barely make it and still have no clue what I left behind, but I’ll find out in a couple of weeks. It’s raining again and I wonder if I have to drive the next five hours through that mess.

As soon as I hit Snoqualmie pass it starts snowing. I took the chains, just in case Montana is moody and won’t accept springtime quite yet. Once I hit the valley it is foggy and the drive so tiring that I have to stop and get a coffee which I pour into a trash can once nobody looks. I should have gotten a coke but am more strict with sugar these days. I arrive in Spokane at the Empyrean Coffee House just in time to set up.

Jonathan Nicholson is opening up with his beautiful guitar playing that reminds me of some harp players that I played with in Germany.

It’s a very soothing sound and I enjoy his energy a lot. Only a few people show up but it is a good night and I’m still filled with the experience from yesterday at the Nectar, so it is actually kind of cool to chill a bit today so it can sink in.

I stay with Jonathan, his wife Heather, a black lab puppy and a couple of cats in their home a little outside Spokane. Just before we get there I realize that my dashboard lights are all out. So are the tail lights. Well it’s late and I’ll check on kt tomorrow, maybe it’s a fuse (positive thinking...).
We have a nice chat until I feel my eyes won’t stay open much longer. I still wanted to write my journal, it has become a wonderful habit on the road to bring the day to a closure.

No comments: