Thursday, April 27, 2006

First time Pennsylvania

I awake in another Motel, thinking where the “h....” am I? It was night when I arrives so I start looking around, well it’s just like any other truck stop along the way and I get going. I’m hungry and need breakfast. As soon as I see an exit with a little village I take off and drive North towards lake Erie. It’s called Conneaut, OH and looks kind of neat.

I’ll take the time to see the lake and take a deep fresh breath. I’d love to sit a little longer by the lake but I’m starving and despite the bright sunshine it is very chilly.

I’ll take the first diner that I can find. It’s a cute, typical American diner with it’s own charm.

The food is certainly not charming and I can only eat it because my stomach is craving for anything that comes its way but I’m not sure about it, so I make sure to utilize the bathroom while handy. It’s as curious as the whole place.

Finally I get back on the way. I’m playing in a little Coffeehouse in Edinboro, PA tonight and from what I’ve seen so far this must be a little island of espresso in a big ocean of see through coffee flavored water. The drive reminds me a lot about my home county in Germany and I enjoy the change of landscape.

After a while I cross into PA for the first time and it’s now only another hour to go. Edinboro is a sweet little college town and “Eclectic Etceteras“ is the Coffee shop.

Renee, the owner recognizes me from the poster and hands me a cup of ”Americano“ - ahhhh, the real deal, now we’re talking. The venue is very nice and cozy and I’m looking forward to playing.

I have a little time to do some email so I get to it. Renee took care of a motel and so I feel pretty good no matter how the evening turns out to be. I play from 6-8 and have about 3 people there. It’s a little hard on me after an empty house yesterday but I keep my spirit up and have actually some really nice conversations with college students and even sell a CD. I still feel a little sick and am glad when I’m in bed around 9 pm watching some SciFi channel stuff until about 11pm. Tomorrow I have a day off and will drive down to NJ to be close to the next venue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photo's! I'm really enjoying your journal. I've been real busy at work and haven't been getting much sleep either. Chin up..its not everyday you go to a restroom and find bears with a record player!!

Rosendo