Friday, April 21, 2006

Indianapolis

I leave Des Moines at about 8 am and it is warm already with a blue sky above.

The drive is fairly eventless and the scenery does not change a lot. At some point I take a bridge over the Mississippi river for the first time in my live

Hours and hours pass by and it won’t stop. I like seeing that sign!

I make a couple of stops in between and at some point I have to close my eyes for 30 minutes because I can’t concentrate anymore. I look at my cell phone and realize that I crossed over one more time zone and lost another hour. I make it to the Boulevard Place Cafe just in time after a 9 hour drive.

Robin and Katie are already there and Katie has set up her piano and a little PA. She’s gonna open for me and I’m looking forward to hearing her. She’s only 20 but already a wonderful singer songwriter with a lot of potential.

There are not a lot of people there but I get them to stay and sit around a table after the show is done. At least we all talk a little which makes me feel fine about the evening. When everybody is gone I take a shot of Robin and me. She booked this show and the one tomorrow and is a wonderful spirit with a huge heart.

I can stay with her tonight and after I packed everything away she leads the way through Indianapolis. We stop to get some beer (I need that tonight). before we get to her house. After some chatting, beer, some veggies and a load of laundry, I lay down on the couch and hopefully have good dreams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hans,

Guess who? Hey man..I feel your pain! Driving at that pace can be taxing. I remember when I went out on the road with my band back in 1985 all through the midwest. I did all the driving and those highways can really put you to sleep. Crank up the tunes and load up on the java my friend!! I hope your show went well tonight! I get to go to work tomorrow! I'm not complaining though. It's funny how the road can be so alluring and still have you wishing for the comfort of your own bed. Still the experience is life changing and the memories inspirational.

Stay well!
Rosendo