Saturday, April 15, 2006

Montana here I come

Instead of having breakfast I’m driving to a car repair place to see if they can do anything about my tail lights. I already checked the fuses so that’s not it. It looks like it is the head light switch, a part that will be available on Monday - alright, that means no tail or dashboard lights until South Dakota. I need to get going, so I get a quick coffee at a drive through and start heading east. Same whether than yesterday and I’m already tired though I just got up. As soon as I’m leaving Idaho and get into Montana there is snow everywhere.

Woo, I hope that is not a pattern. The drive is way longer than expected or maybe it just seems that way to me because the weather is so miserable. It takes until about 4pm before the rain stops and there is finally some light breaking through the clouds.

Montana is after all beautiful and it has a big sky, just as the advertisement says.
It is still about 2 hours to Bozeman and now I can enjoy the landscape and slowly get into the groove. Bozeman is a sweet little college town with no parking meters. The Leaf and Bean is on Main street but I miss it the first time and have to turn around. When I finally get there I’m starving and have to eat first before I set up. When I’m done I start talking to a man who approached me not realizing that I’m in Mountain time and it is already 8:15. A couple of people that waited for the music to start are leaving and I still don’t get it. When I finally get it I’m totally embarrassed and play 90 minutes straight. There are people sitting and listening but the tips are very poor and it is a second night where I have to use positive imagination to not get stuck. MJ Bishops friends Carolyn

and Barrie come by. I stay with them after the show and we connect really well. They both were touring musicians in the 70’ and know the ups and downs. It’s another late night and I end up playing Beatles tunes with Barrie until 2 am

Tomorrow I have a long driving day and no show. I wanna get in at least 10 hours so I’m early in Aberdeen and get the car fixed.

No comments: