Thursday, April 20, 2006

Not a lot of sleep

I leave Council Bluffs relatively early. I need to get to a post office to mail out some Cds and then I want to spend some time in a Cafe to work. I find a nice place and hang out for a couple of hours. They actually have concerts there as well and the owner asks me when I’m back in the area. It’s a four hour drive to Des Moines and the weather is really nice

When I get closer I see a couple of signs that point out locations I haven’t yet visited and I love that.

Java Joe’s is pretty much downtown Des Moines and looks like a nice place to play. I have 7:30 on my posters and but they tell me to start by 9:30. I’ll see if I do that and actually I like to get done earlier because I probably have to drive at least 3 hours so that tomorrow is not a complete work out. A young man approaches me and we start talking. He’s a musician as well and we connect nicely. Thomas and me chat for a while and have a great conversation going on.

Nobody else is there and this will be it basically. Later on there is an older lady and a young single mom with her little son that I connect with. Here is a view from the stage that speaks by itself.

I finish around 11pm and realize that I’m really tired and the idea of driving three hours does not sit well with me. Fortunately I’m invited to spend the night at Hannelore, the single mom who shares a house with a room mate. Despite the poor turnout it is a nice evening. We stay up late talking before I spread my matte and sleeping bag. I need to leave early and have only about 5 hours of sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hans,

That shot you took towards Des Moines of the hwy and the cobalt blue sky with the clouds that go on forever is absolutely breath taking! I'm glad to see the connections you're making with young and old!Just goes to show that your music transcends many boundries and reaches out to so many. Great shots and keep that motor humming!

Rest well!
Rosendo