Friday, April 28, 2006

Social studies

That was a nice motel! I sleep in knowing that I have an off day.

Around 10 am I’m driving back to the Coffee house to have breakfast. I’m going to work today on my computer doing email and booking. Renee comes by a little later and we chat a bit. She’s extremely nice and I’m looking forward to coming back on a Friday or Saturday when I have more people.

It’s amazing how fast time goes by when I’m on the computer. All over sudden it’s 5 pm and I certainly need to get going for a couple of hours. Tomorrow I play in Watchung, NJ at the Arts Center which is about 6 hours Southeast. It is sunny and the drive is beautiful.

I’m not going to be on the road for hours and so I take the time to explore. I see a sign that says something about a historic district. It’s a little village called Brooksville and I take the chance to check it out.

I wanna go just a little further and end up in Dubois, PA where I take a motel. It has also a bar and I’m starving. I eat something and have a couple of beers. It’s Friday evening and the place starts filling up fast. You can easily do a social study here and I must say I’m fascinated watching several parties playing pool and getting absolutely hammered on shots until I’m ready to retire to bed. I try to sleep but somehow it won’t work. I try for a couple of hours until I go back to the bar to get some water a little snack. It’s about 1:30 am and the place is out of control. The customers doubled and the amount of wasted people is simply amazing - well after all it’s Friday evening, no Saturday morning but something tells me that this is how it is every day. I get my water, some potato chips and go back to my room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hans. I came upon your blog by doing a search for DuBois, PA. I have lived here most of my life and a think that you are on the money with your observations. What bar were you talking about? I may have a story to tell you about the place.