Sunday, April 30, 2006

Over the great Hudson River

We have a great breakfast with good bread and Swiss Muesli! Ahhh...love it. Klaus , Renata and me keep on chatting and I almost forget that I have an early house concert and have to leave right away. Somehow my directions are gone but they give me a map and I can figure out the rest on the road. Renata sees that one of my tires on the Honda is almost flat - darn, I almost overlooked that. We say goodby and I’ head out to get gas and fill up the tires with air.

First I have to go a little West on 78 before I head north towards Albany. At some point I go East again and cross a bridge over the great Hudson River.

Then it goes on and on. The obnly city I’m passing through is Hartford, CT. I almost got a gig here but it was cancelled last minute.

I’m speeding and realize it’s fairly late. I don’t know if I can be there in time but then again better late and safe, so I slow down and relax. Linda, who hosts the concert tonight in Bedford, MA a little North of Boston gives me a call and I get some directions. It works out and I arrive in time to change and freshen up a little. Bedford is a nice little community that has a very rural touch to it. Linda lives with her mother and her son Hans (another one!) a dog, cats and several chicken in a nice house. They organize a Coffeehouse in Boston and do house concerts every once in a while. They are just wonderful folks and I have a very appreciative audience.

Even the cat loves the music.

After the show we have some dinner and chat until late before I go to bed. I have a room in the basement and can stay a couple of days. That feels great and I realize that I’m fairly exhausted and am ready for a little break.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm digging the cello, Hans !