Saturday, May 06, 2006

Acoustic Coffee

After getting up kind of late Steve shows me some of his inventions, a sustainer effect for guitars - pretty cool. Besides this he restores cars and has an old Datsun in the driveway, a sweet little sports car. I need to drive up to Portland again for a show at the Acoustic Coffee and leave around 2 pm. The drive is easy going and I get into Portland around 5 pm and find the place right away.

It’s a little run down but has charm and seems to be the happening place in Portland. There are two acts that open up, Ben Willmott from Boston and Chad Verbeck from Portsmouth. I really thought that there were more people coming but 7 is about the max for the evening. Steven Bacon come right before I get up on stage. He’s a local singer songwriter and offered me to stay with him and his wife Libby for the night.

The show is good despite the poor turnout and I manage to stay positive about it.

After that Steven and Libby guide me to their house and we chat until late. Both are so nice and I’m glad to have made some new friends. Around 2 am I go to bed. I have to get up very early to drive to Portsmouth, NH for a 9 am Church show.

I want to sleep but cannot stop laughing when I hear the cats race through the kitchen knocking down pans and pots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hans,

What! no pic of the Datsun? LOL I like the digs and the cat's playing the pots and pans at night is hilarious! Sorry if you lost sleep!

Speaking of cats we have a small colony of ferrel cats around the neighbor hood and we have witness a few small litters. I don't really like cats but my heart opened up when a runt passed just recently. The poor thing never had a chance. But when I saw that the mom had abandoned it's sibling (who was getting plenty of nourishment before she left) and it began to get weak and was not running away when I got close I decided I could not let stand by and let the inevitable happen. Needless the say she is healthy and very happy. She hasn't taken up the pots and pans yet, but I'm sure she'll be singing real soon!

peace~
Rosendo