Monday, May 08, 2006

Hush Hush Sweet Harlot

It’s another wonderful sunny morning and I have to leave pretty much right away to drive North to Kennebunk, ME for a TV Show around noon. It’s a nice drive and I find a nice Cafe and have breakfast on the road. Kennebunk is a sweet little town and the show is at the Unitarian Church. It’s a beautiful building and the spring in New England shows its best smile.

I just love TV production. Shawn Henderson is a great guy who has a radio program as well as a show called “Stay Tuned” in which I’ll play 6 tunes and have a 30 min interview, all of which is aired in late summer.

The Coffeehouse/Church has a great acoustic and some of the rooms look spectacular.

We work until about 2 pm. Shawn is a very good interviewer and it’s a lot of fun talking to him and we both forget that there is a camera running. After that I just hang out a bit and work on some email which is starting to pile up. Then I drive back to Portsmouth where I play the Red Door tonight. It’s a Monday concert series called Hush Hush Sweet Harlot and is organized by Laurel Brauns who is a singer herself.

I start the show with a 40 min set and then there are two other acts. I stay until the end and drive back to Dan’s and Rachel’s house where I can stay another night.
Tomorrow I have an early radio show with Tim Stone here in Portsmouth so I better go to bed now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hans,

Any chance that interview/show will be aired on the West Coast? I like the idea of the old church renovated into a coffee house. My wife and I wanted to buy and old church in Clinton NY about 12 years ago. The asking price then was 90k. It's probably soaring now! Oh well I'm glad someone had a nice idea and ran with it. Sounds like the tour is going well Hans...bravo!

Stay well~
Rosendo