Thursday, May 04, 2006

Nightdrive to Maine

I awake in an empty house and everybody is gone. Time to do some email and other booking stuff.

Then I got to get ready to drive to Marlboro. It’s not so far but I want to be there early and need to find a music store to get some new guitar chords. The old ones gave up. Vicky comes back around 1pm and after a short chat I leave.

It’s a nice drive out there and I arrive early enough to walk around and enjoy the sunshine. I’ll make a stop in a nice mexican restaurant to have a late lunch. Marlborough has a big Brazilian community and i wonder if I see any of them tonight at Starbucks. I go there around 5pm and have a nice chat with Mike who runs several businesses. He buys a CD and I tell him to get rid of his custom built Jeep that goes about 10 miles a gallon.

Tonight I’m going to have company from Hartford, CT. Marc is a drummer and percussion player that contacted me via myspace. He wanted to play a show with me and I agreed. He’s a nice guy and very good player and we have a lot of fun.

Again there are not many people but they stay until the end and pretty much everybody buys a CD, so it is a successful evening.

It’s about 9:30 and I have to drive tonight all the way to Portland, ME for an early Radio show and right after that a TV show. The drive is not so bad and I chat a little with Abby in Seattle. Once there it takes a bit to find a Motel and so it’s way after 1pm before I hit the hay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In every photo you have taken with the fans around the country..I see this genuine sense of appreciation in their faces. I really hope I get to take in a live show of yours one day! Stay well!