Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Kentucky Detour

I wake up with a slight headache from the smoke yesterday. I’m not used to that anymore. Another famous one arm shot with Kevin before I leave his house.

I find a little coffeehouse with wireless and do my biz for a couple of hours.

I play in southern Indiana and the drive should not be more than 4 hours. I have to cross the great Ohio River into Kentucky - my first time!

Somehow I miss a turn and end up going straight South towards Lexington. That’s a good 120 mile detour and another 2 hours on the trip. Luckily I also cross a time zone and make up one hour. Here is a pic of Louisville, KY

I arrive in Evansville, IN just about in time to set up. But before that I tale a quick stroll around the block to stretch my legs.

Heidi, the owner and Ross, tonight's barista are very nice and welcoming and create a great atmosphere where everybody feels at home.

I have about 12 listeners and feel good about it. It’s again about the quality not the quantity of the audience. Heidi and her husband Paul invite me to stay the night at their house and we chat until late hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hans,
Really nice to hear you at Penny Lane on Tuesday evening! Enjoyed the visit mucho gusto! :^)
Stay well and safe home,
Beth Reasoner
Evansville IN