Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Cops, Cops, Cops

It’s a 5-6 hour drive today so I get up early. It’s nowhere land and I’m glad that I stopped in Craig yesterday. It would have been hard to find a motel where I drive now.

Usually I go on cruise control but there are a couple of oversize trucks on the road that I have to pass, so I forget about it. At some point I’m going 84 mph when I ran into a cop. I can see him in the rear mirror turning around and catching up with me. Darn, my first speeding ticket since I’m in the US! Luckily it’s only $68, less than a parking ticket in Seattle. A couple of miles ahead there are tons of cops pulling people over, so I’m not alone. Once I cross over into Utah I’m passing another police car standing at the side of the road. The cops jumps into his vehicle and dashes after me. What is going on today? I’m not speeding or anything but the cop tail gates me for about 15 minutes straight. Then it looks like he’s passing me but stays in my blind spot before he finally slows down and turns around – no idea what that was about, well maybe it’s Utah.

I still haven’t had anything for breakfast so I stop at a Café. Oh my god – how can one mess up a simple omlet, I almost throw up and get back on the road – it’s a strange day. I’m glad when I arrive at the Mokka Express and it’s a very nice venue.

I have a little time and do some email. Robert Linton, a local guitarist opens for me and brings his whole family. Phils Ex wife Gail is also coming with Aaron and her boy friend.

The show is nice and Tina the owner buys a couple of Cds and supports the music scene.

I stay the night with Gail and her husband Ron. When we leave the Mokka Express I have to take a photo of the valley.

Then I follow Gail home and she drives some hot wheels!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hans,

Oh yeah...watch out for those speed traps!

R