Friday, May 19, 2006

Kansas City

Short after waking up with a slight beat in my forehead I’m on the road again. It’ a long drive and the sun is burning down. I wish I had a working AC and a white car instead of a black one but so far it’s been really good to me. Around noon I stop for breakfast in a small village about 15 miles off the main highway. Two musicians play some jazz and I enjoy listening.

One hour later I’m back on the highway. It takes longer than expected until I finally see the Kansas City skyline.

I get lost in the maze but find my way back to the Westport Coffeehouse Theatre just in time to have a Latte and set up.

It stays pretty empty most of the evening but it’s a paid show.

The barista's Will and Esther are very nice and each one buys a CD. Tom the owner also really appreciates my music and we have some good talks about music in general. I play until 11:30 pm, pack my car and am back on the highway. It’s a very long haul to Denver and I want to get in as many miles as possible before the sun comes up but after two hours I can’t keep my eyes open and have to rest a little. An hour later I’m back but only for another hour before I have to stop again.

No comments: