Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Last and first show

Today is my last show for the tour. I can’t believe how fast it went by and I almost feel sad but am also excited to go home again. I’m stunned by the view when I leave my friends house in Salt Lake City. Yesterday I came in at night and had no clue.

It’s a beautiful day and the mountains in the East look just gorgeous.
In the West is the great Salt Lake and I’m tempted to go there but it’s a long drive and I need to keep on going.

The landscape changes again and when I get into Idaho it feels like high desert.

Wait a moment, there are still some mountains. I just love that and their presence is humbling and inspiring.

The Coffee Garage in Nampa, ID used to be a real car repair shop and the way they renovated it and made a coffee house out of it is just amazing. It’s a great atmosphere.

They open a garage door so that I play an almost outdoor concert. I’m there first artist and it’s the first show they do.
The audience is very attentive and it’s a great last show. The owners Kevin and Liza are very nice and created an oasis with a fabulous staff where everybody is welcoming and just very positive. I make a lot of new friends. Kevin has invited me to stay at their house tonight, which is a little outside in the country. Before we leave I take one last picture.

Tomorrow is going to be a long drive back to Seattle so I go to bed right away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hans,

Your adventurous journey has come to an end. But when one garage door closes...so the saying goes another one opens. I had a blast following your daily tribulations across America! Thank you so much for the laughs and sharing the misery. It helps me stay grounded and keeps hope alive! Congrats!

welcome home!
Rosendo