Friday, May 12, 2006

Leaving the City

This is my last morning in Brooklyn and I gather all stuff together and get ready to drive again.

It’s raining this morning but as soon as I get over to New Jersey the sun comes out and by the time I drive across the Bridge into Delaware I have a blue sky.

Maryland is beautiful and it feels good to be surrounded by green again. I loved NYC but the again…

The concert today is at a little community that lives off the grid somewhere in the woods. I get lost between “York RD” and “Old York RD” and end up driving about 30 miles in the wrong direction. It’s a long driving day but at least it’s a beautiful day.

The people at Heathcote are very nice and inviting and their community house has a wonderful room for the performance.

I have between 20 and 30 people there and am very inspired to have a good audience that really listens. It can be so simple! Here are Paul and Dana just showing me around.

After the show I talk to a lot of people and feel great being connected and having made so many new friends. At the end of the evening we take one last pic with everybody that stayed.

The community has some bunk beds in the upstairs and I’m glad to lay down and get some rest. Somehow I’m very tired but happy.

No comments: