Sunday, May 07, 2006

Life is full of surprises

Oh my is it early! The sun is already up but it’s still cold. Somehow I like these early hours and enjoy the drive to New Hampshire. I love Portsmouth from the first moment on, what a beauty. I play in an old stone Church all acoustic.

It sounds great depite the early hour and everybody loves it. Terrie, the lead musician is so nice and helpful and everybody comes up to talk. After the first service I sell CDs in the basement where people gather for coffee and snacks. One member of the congregation hands me a drawing he did while I was performing which completely surprised me and made me kind of speechless. That does not happen very often

After the second service I set up the CDs outside the church and stand in the sun. What a wonderful day...(Louis knew!) Tim Stone form the local community radio station is there and invites me to lunch after everybody’s gone. We walk downtown and the streets are full of kids and parents. It’s Children’s Day with a lot of activities and stuff.

After lunch Tim invites me to his sail boat just across the bridge in Maine and the next adventure begins. He’s a great guy and I’m looking forward to the interview on Tuesday.

Earlier at the church I met a family that invited me to stay in their house. Dan, Rachel and their daughter Lauren were enjoying my performance and are excited that I’ll spend the night. What a great community. Dan asks me right away if I need an oil change and does not settle for a no, so after I leave Tim at the boatyard I drive over to their house.

We have a wonderful evening and I’m again blown away by the hospitality that I get to experience. Life is full of surprises.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ebb and flow my good friend! I'm so happy for the good fortune and good times you are experiencing! What a wonderful trip thus far! I would be speechless as well if I saw the talent that was displayed both by you and the artist that drew that wonderful likeness of you!!

Cheers!
Have a beautiful week!!
Rosendo