Sunday, May 14, 2006

Twilight Zone

I get an early start from Jenna’s house going to Columbus, OH. It’s pouring again and my wiper can’t keep up with the rain

Driving is certainly and adventure and especially if big trucks pass you with more than 75 mph. This one was crazy, he almost crawled in my trunk before he passed me and made me blind for some seconds. I was just holding the steering wheel straight hoping there is no curve in the street.

That’s my usual facial expression. The guy on the other pics is my double!

Coming into Columbus is like driving into a twilight zone, There is no one on the street and I feel like in one of those movies where you wake up after everybody else was snatched by aliens.

Billy is already at the club 202 and sets up the PA. He’s a very nice guy and good singer songwriter. Here is a picture with everybody on the bill including Molly & Grace.

Jamie the owner had agreed to open the venue on Sunday to try out a show. I thought that was great to facilitate that!

We get some people there and play the first half kind of like a house concert all acoustic close to the audience. I love that! The second half is on stage and amplified because more people are showing up and it makes sense to get the PA going. This time nobody offered a place to stay so I pack up after the show and start driving out of the city towards Cincinnati, my stop tomorrow. I find a motel 6 and hope there is some food somewhere but everything is closed already and I go for a beer, chips and snickers. That’s bad, I know but I’m starving!

Being on the road can be strange sometimes and it takes me a little time to relax and get in a positive mind setting. Eventually it is ok and I’m fine with the way the day worked out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hans,

Man..I thought I was an aggressive driver!! LOL

Take it slow on the two lane hwys with those truckers they won't give you an inch.

great pics!
R