Monday, May 22, 2006

Another Off Day

Waking up in my cabin is a great thing and I wish I could share that and stay a little longer but I need to get closer to Salt Lake City, where I play tomorrow. I drive into the village and have a nice breakfast

Then I say goodbye and take a last shot of the lake.

The landscape changes to a more desert look and I pass by a table mountain.

But then the road goes up again and all over sudden I’m in winter wonderland. Amazing how fast that changed.

Half an hour later I’m back in the desert and it starts raining. I’m getting tired and decide to stop and get a Motel in Craig, CO which is the last town before I really go into nowhere land. It’s a cheap but nice motel and I start writing some songs. I wrote a new one in the car called “We are all immigrants” and now I’m putting on the final touches. Later that evening I see “DaVinci Code” in the local theatre. It’s a great movie and it stays with for a while.

No comments: