Monday, May 15, 2006

Cheeseburger in Paradise

The motel was right next to a railroad so I wake up quite early and get going again. It is still raining and slowly I’m starting to be affected by that.

I haven’t had a breakfast yet and just take an exit on the highway. It says Jeffersonville or something like that. Did I mention Twilight Zone yet? Gosh it’s scary, there is a huge mall with simply nobody there. Everything seems deserted and boards are nailed across the windows. Do I ever get out of here?

I’m glad when I see Cincinnati. I still have some fond memories of the last time here where I played a contra dance with Jamie. It’s different and downtown is pretty depressing, well maybe it’s me. It takes a while before I find some good coffee and a muffin I feel better and see actually a cool building close to where I paked my car.

I drive out the venue which is in another mall.

The staff is really nice and Kevin, who got me the show is a great songwriter who just got a publishing deal in Nashville and is now going back and forth between TN and OH. It’s a bar style show but the people seem to enjoy my songs.

Kevin and me play alternate sets from 7 pm to 11 pm and the last one we jam together.

When we’re done we take a picture with the owner mark and the staff.

Kevin, his friend Neil and me are going out to another club in town to see a great salsa band. They’re cooking and the room is overflowing with dancers. I love watching people salsa dance. It must be the most sexy dance around and a lot of the people there are really good. It’s also mixed ages which I like a lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hans,

I hope the weather clears up for you real soon! They (Maine) got hit pretty bad up where you went through early on during your tour. I see a pattern of churches in your photo log. Coincidence?

Take care and stay well!
R