Friday, May 26, 2006

Folklife Festival

What can I say about Folklife?! - Well, it’s the biggest free festival in the US and 4 days of insanity. A great place to listen, play and meet friends you haven’t seen for years. This year it was my home coming and I had a wonderful show with a lot of familiar faces.

That is only half the room!

Here is my old musical partner Jamie Laval


My friend Larry Wines, a journalist and radio host for KCSN in Los Angeles


Bonnie & Bruce are an asset to the folk community in Seattle


As well as my friend Warren Argo, here with Eric, Christy and my wife Abby


Joyce & Dan hosted several house concerts in Grass Valley. Abby met them for the first time.


That’s family - Mostafa and Sei - They face-paint since the beginnings of Folklife.


Here’s Cat, my friend from Ashland


What better to do for the end of a wonderful day than dancing your shoes off!


That’s it for my National Tour Journal!

Thanks to all who read and hopefully enjoyed it. Please stay in touch and don’t forget that you are that one’s the keep me going.

All best wishes to you:)

hans

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hans,

Well I thoroughly enjoyed traveling along with you via your journal. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more use during the mechanical problems with your car, or navigating from town to town. Congratulations on the homecoming and for leaving music in the hearts of many across this wonderful land of ours.

You are a true troubadour

Best wishes to you!
Rosendo