Saturday, March 11, 2006

Alameda is an Island

The morning view in Mill Valley is great and I spend some time on the deck watching the birds chase each other.

After I’ve done some email Will and me are driving downtown (if there actually is one) to a sweet breakfast place where we meet Nicole. She already reserved a table so we can go right to work - oh how good it tastes.

Nicole has a grand piano back in their house and I get lost on it and start writing something new. Around 2pm I leave for Alameda. It’s a nice drive over the Richmond bridge past the St. Quentin state prison.

All over sudden I have all these movies in my head which made me realize that we saw a lot of American TV in Germany but never had any relation to the actual place.
Alameda is an Island and only accessible via a bride or a tunnel. I cruise around until I find Park Street where Julie’s Coffee and tea Garden is located. Julie recognizes me when I come in. After unpacking the car I have a couple of hours, so I drive to the beach, sit down in the sand and observe the movement of the waves and see San Francisco in the foggy horizon.

As soon as I’m back in the Cafe I star setting up the little PA system that I borrowed from Maria and start playing.

Tonight I have a special guest, Carol Alban a classical flute player that I met on Myspace. We play several songs together and have a lot of fun. Towards the end Sue Ellen a friend of hers and cello player joins us. People enjoy the sound of guitar, cello and flute. Here is a picture of Sue Ellen, me and Carol.

After the show we chat and Carol asks me to play her favorite track of the album “Spirit of the Land.” Then I have to pack the car again and drive back to Mill Valley where Will surprises me with a fantastic bottle of wine out of his cellar that gives the day a perfect finish.

No comments: