Tuesday, March 14, 2006

See the whole world

This morning I had breakfast with Monica. Eva joined a little later.

After that I drove her down to the Bart Station and I was on my way to Mt Tamelpais National Park and Muir woods. I remembered the way exactly form 7 years ago when i lived with Will in San Francisco for a little bit. I love that drive along a curvy road through the woods, it really prepares you for what lies ahead. When I entered the Redwoods time seemed to stand still and I imagined some of the trees as little babies around 1000 AD. These are the oldes living creatures in the world and so massive that I forget about myself. What an ease for the mind breathing in the moist air and slowing down the heartbeat just to get closer to the real witnesses of the millennium.

You have to see it with your own eyes to believe it. They reach into the sky and sometimes I think I could just climb up into a total new reality kind of like the story with the beanstalk and the Giant.

My next stop is going to be Mt Tamelpais. I park the car and hike the rest up the hill. I’m all by myself, sit down and lean against a rock overlooking the bay area. It is so pretty and I completely forget about the blasting cold wind. I need to share this and call Abby, I know she’s been here and has memories of her own and shares one where she’s up there with three kids of a friend. The 5 year old Peter jumped out on a rock at the top parking lot and said, "Wow, I can see the world from up here!" The 8 year old said, "That's not the world, stupid, but boy is California big!" And the 12 year old whined, "When are we going to the beach?" . We both laugh for a while on the phone and it’s good to hear her voice.

It’s time to get going so I slowly drive down. I’m the only car so I can just cruise along and sing with Joni Mitchell “All I want” and “Circle Game.” Larkspur is a little community and the Theater is still closed so I look for a Cafe and have a little sandwich and an Americano. Whatever awaits me tonight it was already a wonderful day.

The Theater is a wonderful space and Daniel and his spouse Irma have created an little cultural island with an incredible atmosphere and charisma.

Meeting Caren is like we know another for years, same with Carolin. I’m excited to be on stage with such wonderful artists. and it rocks! Man do I have fun - we are all so different but the mix is just fantastic. Caren starts the first set with four great songs

Than its me


Than Carolin with Edo on bass


The second set is a round which works out just great so the audience is completely taken and wowed. That was a memorable evening and I’m looking forward to seeing my new friends again soon.

No comments: