Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Travel day

I left Will’s place in Mill Valley early in the morning and went downtown for a Breakfast and catching up with my email. It takes longer than expected and so I leave around noon driving up North to Grass Valley to stay with my friends Dan & Joyce which host a house concert the following day. I’m prepared to hit weather again, Dan told me about a foot of new snow yesterday when I called but everything is green and only small patches indicate that there was actually snow.
The little internet Cafe that I used to go last year is gone and the building empty and deserted which somehow reminds me of the constant changes in our life. We always think that things stay the same but it’s constant flux. Around the corner on Main Street is a little wine tasting shop. I go in to get some Zinfandel for dinner. While talking with the owner i find out that Jerianne, who interviewed me last year at KVMR is also an Artist and designed the Labels for this winery in Grass Valley. The world is small and we are all connected. After buying two bottles of a nice 2002 Zin I walk across the street for a Mate Tea and some more Internet stuff before I drive out to my friends place. That evening we have a great dinner and talk until we finally go to bed.

No comments: