Friday, March 17, 2006

Do you have a downtown?

After a wonderful breakfast with pancakes and all kinds of fruits I leave Joyce and dan and start heading for Sacramento. I have a radio show at KXJZ with Jeffrey Callison at his “Insight” show. I met him a couple of year ago when on tour with Jamie. He’s got a great personality and a distinct radio voice. I love doing radio especially when there are good questions and surprises. Jeffrey comes up with the Ds-ART remix of “Inside Out” and I wonder how he got a hold of that one. We have about half an hour where I play a couple of songs and chat with him. I hope that did the trick for the Sutter Creek Show tomorrow!

After that I’m driving out to Rocklin where I will stay with my old German friend Arie. He came to the house concert the other night and offered me to stay with him tonight. Rolling into Rocklin I’m looking for an Internet Cafe or better a downtown area to hang out until he’s off work. After driving around some time without getting any further I stop at a Pet Groom store and walk in to ask for directions. The Lady looks at me a little confused and then turns around to here Co-worker saying “Hey Sue Ellen, do we have a downtown?” - Hum?!, Never mind, I’ll find my way to the next Starbucks, after all I’m from Seattle and I can smell ‘em from miles away:)

Later that evening we go and have dinner in a Thai restaurant with a friend of his- I love Thai, and the food inspires a great conversation about the world and everything concerning.

Back in his house we chat until late that night. It’s good to speak German for a change and slowly I get back some of my language skills.

No comments: