Sunday, March 05, 2006

Stuck in a Snowstorm

When I woke and looked outside the new snow was about 4 feet high. We had a snowstorm all night long. After a coffee I called Patti in Florida and got great tips and resources that will help to get some shows going. I want to spend part of the winter down South. Great to think about while you are snowed in. After breakfast I try to find my car. It's completely dug in and you don't even see the shape anymore.

It takes me about an hour to shovel it halfway free. A neighbor comes with his machine and helps getting the driveway clear.

Half an hour later I'm driving down the road in first gear my nose about two inches from the font window. If I get stuck now I'm in trouble. Luckily it works and I get to the Stage Door in time to give a lesson. I could not believe that someone showed up in hat weather. Well, Rick gets a nice one on one lesson that is quite enjoyable. I remember that I still have to get chains, otherwise I'm completely lost. So I go and dig out my car for the second time today and slide down to Schucks. They sell me on me one of their last item and a couple of teenagers put it on for a little tip. Now I'm set and ready and drive boldly back to Tom and Julie's house. We just hang out together and relax in their wonderful Sauna. Oh how I missed that sweating, getting hot and steamy with eucalyptus and than cooling of in knee deep snow. Shortly after that we have a great dinner with wine and roast - life is good - I don't care if I ever get out of here again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hans. Lynne from MYSPACE. I LOVE SNOW!!! You are so lucky you got to be stuck in it I say :)