Thursday, March 16, 2006

Grass Valley House Concert

I woke up at 4 am and couldn’t go back to sleep. I had a melody in my head and some lines. Something that said “life is simple” - wonder how I got to that one. Around 5:30 I was ready to go back to sleep. I pretty much spend all day in the house talking with Dan, changing strings on both guitars and playing some tunes and doing some email. Dan was cooking a chowder that was superb, kind of East Coast style, tomato based rather than the butter and cream style of the West Coast.

Joyce came home around 6 pm and we had dinner together. Both are so sweet and I really enjoy staying with them.

People arrived around 7:15 and we got a nice crowd together. They were very appreciative and inspiring.

Arie an old friend from Sweetsmill came by and I first did not recognize him because it was out of context. I’ll hang out with him tomorrow after the Sacramento interview and will stay overnight. That is part of the beauty of traveling, you never know who is going to showing up.

No comments: