Monday, March 20, 2006

Bird on the wire

I have to get up early to go down to Wilson Elementary and meet with Linda. She’s invited me to do a performance for her 5th grade classroom. The school shows are really fun and inspiring. I’m doing the Penguin song of my ‘Hazzazar’ album and teach them some German. They love it and are very attentive and sing along. For future shows I probably have to learn a Rap to accommodate that request. Here’s a pic with me and the class.

After I’m back from the school my friend Joachim comes by and brings a bottle of good Merlot for my birthday. He couldn’t make it to the show yesterday so it’s great to see him now. We chat for a couple of hours before he has to go back to work.

I’m heading over to Evo and Juliana for the evening. Juliana is a great artist and recently had a wonderful exhibition with new paintings. Here is one of my favorite owl motives.

I lived with them when I moved to the US so it’s kind of my first home here. Back then I remember Sheba their dog who was greeting me the first time I came with putting his head right on my feet rather than barking which he was supposed to do. He’s dead now since some time and their black lab Zulu has taken Sheba’s place. They also have several cats and a guest bird that they take care of. It is usually very shy but was pretty outgoing and adventures as you can see.

We have a wonderful dinner and a nice Zinfandel I brought. Around 10 pm drive back to my in-laws for the night. Tomorrow I’ll be at the Lakeside Community Center in Los Gatos.

No comments: