Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Lakeside

I take a little walk in Pat’s garden before I leave Fresno around noon heading West towards Los Gatos. She’s a master gardener and has great skills in planting and I love strolling around and sitting on a bench letting my mind wander.

The stretch on highway 99 is boring and I’m glad when I see the turn for Los Banos and Watsonville. After I pass over Highway 5 it gets really pretty at the San Luis Watershed. There is a big Lake and the Landscape around is stunning.

The drive takes way longer than I imagined and after 4 hours I finally arrive at the Lakeside Community Center. Laurie is already there awaiting me. She’s done a wonderful job organizing it and was very thorough in communicating plus she is a wonderful spirit.

After sound check we’re having dinner. I’m going into their music room which is hidden within the school so I have a little privacy. I lay down on the floor and almost immediately fall asleep. Half an hour later I wake and my body hurts quite a bit. Even yoga doesn’t really do the job. Now I can feel the driving/gigging every day and there is no break in sight. I get myself ready and freshen up a little bit before I go on stage

The concert turns out very nice and there are enough people to make it happen. They have a nice stage and put some flowers on each side.

After the show I met with some nice people and chatted away. Here is a picture with Phil, my old friend and partner in arts, and Phillip a friend of his who really enjoyed coming out to the show. He heard a lot of my recordings through Phil but never saw me life.

I stay with Phil in San Jose which is about 15 minutes away. Shea, a friend of his visits for a bit and plays some of his songs for us. I enjoy sitting back and listening for a change. All over sudden it is 3 am and certainly time to crash.

No comments: