Tuesday, January 09, 2007

100 kids and $800 for the car

It’s great staying with my friends in Santa Rosa and I have a room just for myself in the next days

I decide to get the car fixed today and Merritt offers to drive me to the schools in the next days. The timing belt is overdue and the fan looks like it has to be replaced, so I call the dealership and get an appointment for early afternoon. This morning I have to do a school show, the first of eight and the hardest one to start with. I have a total of 100 kids (5/6th grade) in the library. It goes really well but after that my vocal chords are a little tired. The kids are very sweet and everybody wants an autograph, so it takes a while before I get out.

I drive over to Merritt’s work and then she leads the way to the Honda dealership.
I look at an estimate of about $880 - shit, that’s the whole week of work - well at least I can pay it and it’s better than to be stuck in Texas I guess, besides, after all it’s just money and just makes unwanted dents in my pockets.
The rest of the day goes by with doing emails. We all have a nice dinner and after that I’m pretty much ready for bed.

No comments: