Thursday, January 25, 2007

Off to Arizona

I get up around 9 am and start working on some email. James has a meeting and after that we have breakfast at our favorite place. I’m not sure if I’m going to drive all the way to Phoenix or not - well, rather not. After breakfast we go back to the house and I start packing my stuff. Before I leave I have to take a photo of James’ old traveling bus.

Here are the brothers again - miss ya already!

Off I go - I had a wonderful time with james and melinda. The traffic around Pasadena is insane and for about three hours it’s just stop and go.

After that it’s a little better. When I get to I 10 the the traffic starts flowing again. It’s a long haul! I stop at Blythe, not far from the Arizona border to look for a Motel. No rooms available in the whole city. There is a huge Fair about 20 miles into Arizona and people supposedly come from all over the US. Darn, I’m tired! Well, I guess i keep driving. About 50 miles into Arizona I try again and this time I’m lucky - well it’s kind of like a trailer park and $60 for the night was not exactly what I had in mind but I need to rest and my behind hurts too.

I’ll have a Budweiser and a sandwich and start working on the computer - Hey, didn’t I say I need to go to bed? Well, just a little bit...

I’m hungry, I haven’t eaten at all. There is a dive close to where I stay. They have Karaoke and the most cowboy hats I’ve ever seen. Country land! Wow, I hope I get out of here in one piece. A couple of folks strike up a conversation and I stay way too long. Darn, I should have brought the camera☺

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hans, thanks for your newsletter and link to your blog, been a treat finding you in MySpace a while ago. Even though my blog is in Dutch only (until now all's in English), i just have to add you in my Bloggers list. Have a good time on the road and keep up the good musical vibes,
Best regards,
Gina/Mizar5

http://www.myspace.com/mizar5