Monday, January 15, 2007

Phil's birthday and the San Jose Sharks!

In the morning I go over to Matt’s and Treya’s house. I love Co-housing, what a great way to built “real” community in a wonderful surrounding.
.
I have the most intense breakfast ever with a huge steak, 3 eggs, a bowl of cottage cheese and a huge hunk of home made bread - I was certainly not prepared for that but am starving and manage to finish it clean:)
After that I’m on my way down to San Jose to stay with Phil. I have a couple days off and am looking forward to staying in one place. Here I’m crossing the Richmond Bridge.

It’s Phil’s birthday today and he almost made it a secret but... So for “his” birthday gift to himself:) he bought two tickets for the Hockey game of the San Jose Sharks tonight at the HP Pavillion downtown. I’m completely floored and realize that it is about 30 years ago that I saw a big sports event live! We have fantastic seats in the sixth row right behind the players. Before the game I fool around and try to shoot a nice pic with Phil and me but man, is that hard...

Then the game starts - unbelievable how athletic those players are and the speed in which they go - it is too cool.

There are a couple of German players in the San Jose team. It’s so fun watching and I get completely absorbed in the craze of the stadium.

After the first 20 minutes San Jose leads with 2:0 and in the end they win 3:1. It was a fantastic game and I guess I have a new favorite sport!.
Phil and me are talking on after it’s over. We take a ride home in the light rail. Both of us are starving and the only place still open is... guess again:)

That was another full day and I fall asleep just like that! I even forgot that my back is still hurting like crazy.

No comments: