Monday, January 08, 2007

Oakland to Santa Rosa

Today I give a lesson in Oakland and after a quick breakfast I’m on my way.

I’ll teach my friend Erik some new tricks in DADGAD and we have fun seeing each other. Last time was about a year ago.

Tonight I’m a feature in an Open Mic night in Novato. My car starts to make strange sounds, actually the fan, so I think I’ll have it checked in the next days. The drive from Oakland is great and I love the bridge into Marin County

The evening goes well and I even sell a CD which at open mic nights is unheard of...I leave the place around 10 pm and drive to Santa Rosa to stay with my friends Merritt and Howard Booster. Merritt works for the school district and arranged several school shows for me starting tomorrow. I arrive short after 11 pm and after a wonderful conversation I’m ready for bed. Tomorrow is a big day and an early start in the school.

No comments: