Saturday, January 13, 2007

Benicia

I’m on my way down South and then over to the East Bay to Benicia. I’ve never been there and am curious what awaits me.

It’s a beautiful little town that is right on the water. I’m playing at the First Street cafe so I’m cruising down First Street.

I’m early so i have enough time to set up and then after that go to James’ brother Tom. The upstairs where I play has a nice atmosphere and I think this could be a good show.

Once I’m done setting up my little PA I take a stroll down to the water. The sun is just setting and I can see the Golden Gate in the distance. It’s beautiful as much as it is chilly and I can see my breath.

It’s a long show and i have to play from 8pm to 11pm. Too much for my taste and my back is still hurting. I’m lucky that i have some fans that stay from the beginning to the end. Otherwise people eat and talk - not my type of venue at all despite the nice owners Terri and Mike who are also there most of the time. Here are some of my new friends that stayed from the beginning to the end. Mary and Dave are from Reno and Rebecca is from Benicia.

Once I’m done I sit with them and chat until 12:30 am. Oh my, I have to load the PA, well first take it all down and carry it a steep stairway down to the car. At about 1:30 am I’m ready to roll five blocks where i can stay with James’ brother Tom & his wife Melanie. They have a little guest room which I’m looking forward to. I have to get up at 7 am to drive to Hayward.

No comments: