Saturday, January 20, 2007

KCSN and Russ & Julie's Anniversary

It’s way too early and I have no clue how I’m going to sing in an hour. It’s still dark when I leave Moorpark but slowly the sun is on it’s way.

It’s so much fun to see Larry again. He’s a character! We have a great interview and I play some music.

The studio is full with guests and amongst them is Julie (Russ & Julie’s house concerts) She recognizes me from FAR west and we start chatting. Tonight is there 100th concert anniversary and they have a huge line up at their house. She invites me to come over and I must say that I’m flattered. There are more than 40 people on the waiting list.
After the program is done the whole bunch migrates to our favorite Chines Buffet where we eat until nothing goes anymore:)
Later that evening James, Melinda and me drive over to Russ and Julie. Oh my, is that house packed. I see a lot of friends from FAR West. Here is James Lee Stanley, a fantastic writer and peot.

Here is my friend Mandy a wonderful producer with her artist Amy Kuney. Amy is in her early 20s and just unbelievably good!

Here is Severin Browne. He’s a great songwriter as well and his brother Jackson has been very lucky in the biz:)

Again it’s about 3 am before I’m back in bed. Now tomorrow I have an early UU show in Santa Monica and need to be there by 8 am....

No comments: