Monday, January 29, 2007

Roswell Landing

I wake up at 4 in the morning due to truckers having their motors running forever before they finally leave. Well, that was it for the night - I turn from one side to the other and eventually I get up and work on the computer. It’s going to be a beautiful day but cold! The sun is only out for visuals.

I have to go to Kinkos and do some print outs as well as dropping some mail off to the post office. After that I have a coffee. I drive into the wrong direction when I leave Albuquerque and have to turn around. I still feel sick and my throat and head hurt. Well, today is an off day and I’ll try to make it to Roswell, NM and see if I can make contact. New Mexico is under a thin layer of snow and ice.

Around 4 pm I stop in a little village for food. Oh my - it’s depressing and the main street is basically deserted and it looks like a ghost town.

I find a little diner and feel already like an alien. From there it is just straight, well it’s always straight I guess. The sun goes down in the West and the sky looks like a colorful flag.

Once I arrive in Roswell i find a little cheap Motel and get settled in.

Later I’m hungry again and visit the local hot spot for a brew and green chilli.

Then it’s time for bed...

No comments: