Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Texas welcoming committee

I get up early again, and before I leave Roswell I drive by their UFO museum and get a coffee next door.

After that it’s flatland again - miles and miles of colorless endless horizon. All over sudden I hit farmland and the weather clears up.

Then I cross into Texas and have my own Welcoming Committee

I get pulled over, supposedly for driving too fast passed a parked emergency vehicle- no way, I was going 15 miles under the speed limit (just a precaution).
Well, I got a written warning (I’m from WA and don’t know the TX rules yet:)
After that nice greeting I move on and finally get into Lubbock. It’s a maze and a construction zone.

By the time I find La Diosa Cellars I’m ready to pee in my pence and have to run....
Nice view in the bathroom:)

The venue is beautiful and the owner is also an interior designer.

I have several hours until showdown so I sit down and work and enjoy the atmosphere

It’s a great night and I make a lot of friends and sell CDs in bulk:)
I didn’t expect that from Texas but wow!!!!
Here are my two new friends Danny & Monika. They invited me into their home for the night.

They life in Ransom Canyon which looks like somewhere in CA. What an oasis!
beautiful! We get there late after midnight. Monika cooks up some quick Italian food and we sit around the table and chat for a couple of hours before my eyes start closing.

No comments: