Sunday, January 14, 2007

An early and full Sunday

Oh my, it’s way too early! I’m so tired but I have to get up and pack the car and then drive to Hayward where I play a Service at the Starr King UU Church. It is very chilly and my car is frozen over. I have a hard time scraping all the ice of the windows.
Why didn’t I book a flight to Florida and tour there?

I start the car and warm up in Tom’s kitchen.

Then I get going. The nice thing is that at that time no one is on the road and there are no traffic jams. I arrive in Hayward and have a look around the church

I’ll play two Services and the theme on this day is Martin Luther King Jr. It’s his birthday! Rev Kathryn Kandarian does a great job and I enjoy listening very much. She’s a wonderful person:)

After that I have to dash out and drive back North where I play in Cotati. I’m the featured artist in a new concert series and am excited about it.
Teresa Tudury and Matt Kramer are the ones who brought this to life.
Here they are with one of the songwriters.

It’s a Round Robin for the first hour and then they have a featured traveling artist that follows it with a long set.

It’s a wonderful show and I’m received very well. Everybody loves it and I’m very inspired - I’m also totally exhausted and glad that I can stay in the guest room of Matt’s Co-housing community.

After a long nap, Matt and his wife Treya take me out to a party where I play again about five songs and make some more friends:) - Wow, what a day! I’m so done and as soon as I hit the bed I’m in dreamland.

No comments: