Saturday, January 06, 2007

First show

I wake up early and crawl out of my king size travel bed.

Today I’ll have my first full on show for the tour and I’m considerably nervous. Don’t know exactly why and it confuses me a little. I like the adrenalin right before a show but certainly not all day! I have breakfast with my friends and then I accompany Phil to his hair appointment. Now that gets my mind distracted.

The rest of the day flies by and soon enough we’re driving up to the Lakeside school. Everybody there is optimistic about the turnout but so far it looks fairly empty.

Right before I’m supposed to start people come in and I get a decent crowd for the first show and have a lot of fun. I try out several new songs and my rendition of “Don’t get around anymore” hits the target.

In the break I sell Cds and make new friends and reconnect with old ones.


All in all it was a good first show and I slowly get into the tour mode. Got to get to bed early because I have a UU church show in San Mateo and need to be there by 9 am.

No comments: